Tanja goes Hyderabad

and all over India





Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Jaipur/Jaiselmer

"Ahh!" In a state of shock I draw back from the falling hand that slapped my face. The person in the bunk bed above me who belongs to the hand, doesnt seem to be very impressed that he scared the crap out of me, turns around, farts loudly for one more time and goes back to sleep. Nicolas has not listened to my persuading words and is still afraid that someone might steal our luggage. That is why he has chained his backpack to his belt and lies on it.
The body odor of the man above me makes my salvation gather under my tongue only one step away from vomitting, so I soak my Pashmina with perfurme to be distracted from the smell.
The men (only men, of course) dont scar me much. They just snor, fart, stink and talk in their sleep. However they dont seem to be potential bandits to me. Nicolas is still on guard, though. What worries me more is the fact that we are in the wrong coach of the train. The conductor explained us in HIndi that we have to change in Jodphur at around 6 am. I just want to sleep and escape the smell and the cold. It is SOO cold. I am wearing 3 T shirts, my PJs, Kurta, jacket, Pashmina, 2 pants. Still freezing. When Nicolas generously offers me to help me out with his body heat (even though very controversial) I happilz agree. I change my mind when he tries to shift the luggage and drops his backpack on my face. We get in a silentfight and go on freezing alone. But we end up squeezing on the 60 cm bunk, brave Nicolas watching over us.
We manage to change the train, I manage to sleep. Nicolas manages to find a friend to chat with. When I wake up, I get briefed that we earn 1000 Euro only, that we will marry next year and that we never had sex. Kind of stunned about my regained virginity I ask him why he has not told that guy that we were married in stead of coming up with this complicated story. I guess he was tired...

We were 13 hours in the train ride and meanwhile it is nice and warm. Our banks, the floor, my body are covered with a sand and dust layer. I enjoy the view, the camels, the bushes and the men that sit behind them to do their morning crap while they watch the train go by.

Go here to see some pics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Many thanks to Tina and Sonam for taking some time to talk about Hyderabad