Tanja goes Hyderabad

and all over India





Thursday, October 05, 2006

Swinging in HYD


Today was fun. I went with Tina (our ambassador from Q2) to the handicraft market after work. I bought some pictures and some masks. I also bought cloth for something that I kind of do not remember the name of. It is not a sarree, well, I will show you pictures when the tailor has finished it.

I also had my first begging experience. They fucking didn´t give me dime. Just kidding. When the driver picked us up from the market and I got in the car, there was this little dirty 3 or 4 year old girl, beautiful! She looked at me through the window from outside and put her hand to her mouth in order to show me that she would like to have something to eat. I told the driver to be careful when driving off as the little girl was right there. “No, Ma´am, that is fine Ma´am!”

It is so bizarre to get back in our rich ghetto. That is the thing that is the hardest for me. That extreme opposite from the normal life of an average medium class Indian to the life we expats live. It is “Jammern auf höchstem Niveau”, so freaking annoying.

The picture shows me in the room where we have our dinner at. It is my favourite spot, because you just can swing there. Very nice.

We have really everything taking care of. Someone cleans up the room everyday after we go to work. People that know how tidy I am, can imagine, how much work this is for them. Can you imagine how I flipped when my malaria tablets where not all over the desk anymore, where I left them, but hidden in one of the drawers?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Many thanks to Tina and Sonam for taking some time to talk about Hyderabad